Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bad dream good dream

Scary dream: I had a dream that my computer was taken away from me forever. I was overwhelmed by a feeling of devastation that I would never be able to finish my thesis. The function of dreams is not about premonitions. Only prophets and gods can do that. It is to give the self some so-real-that-it’s-more-than-real practice at feeling certain emotions. Then we know what to do next in waking life. I’ve been slavishly working on my thesis ever since.

Today's motto:
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

6 Comments:

At 12:19 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Gee it must of been bad, you published it 3 times!!

Can you get T to fix your side bar, and her whole blog. You can't read anything on T's unless you highlight it. Also, after you comment, it takes you to another comment page on both your blogs, instead of taking you back home.

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I agree with Michelle ... I'm guessing Blogger has been misbehaving again !?!?!
I think with the comment thing, it is something a lot of blogs do ... mine included. Even Michelle's doesn't take you back home, but to an updated version of the comments page, with your new comment included.
Bad dreams can be quite freaky ... but I agree with what you say. It sort of tells you what you need to do next !!
Anyway, take care, Meow
(Catch you Friday ????)

 
At 2:42 pm, Blogger . said...

Michelle, what the??!! We'll look into it.
Meow thanks for your feedback too. I won't be there this Friday and G will be relieving for B.

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Mine does to take you back because i have haloscan! Those that use halsoscan don't have that problem, it's only with blogger comments.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger . said...

Michelle thanks for the info. this is good. We'll get there.

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Justine said...

Dreaming of meeting your heart's longing :-)

I agree something is/was askew, because I'm sure these posts weren't here the last time I visited.

We're so dependent on our hard drives. Can't thank those little memory sticks enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home