Monday, April 17, 2006

Analysis shock

Just like life: My thesis is a microcosm of life. Every time I complete a major chapter I think I have completed the main part of the study only to find out an even bigger hurdle is yet to come.

Main workload done: My field work data is gathered and transcribed, my methodology and literature review (background theory) chapters are written except for a few edits.

Shock-horror aha experience: I’m onto analysing and writing up my interview and participant-observation data. I thought I could do this section reasonably quickly. I’m horror-struck. It’s almost as much work as all the cumulative work I’ve done so far.

My new day job: Having fun with my daughter. Today we’re going to watch a re-run of Corpse Bride – Johnny Depp we love you.

What I’ll do next: Walk in the morning; analyse data for the rest of the day; read at night.

My motto: Shrink the body, expand the mind.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

"Shrink the body, expand the mind" ... I like that, I must do that!!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Take care, Meow

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Madi, thanks heaps for the pressie.It arrived this morning, "A" loved every single thing! Love the card and paper.
What is it with girls and soft toys?! She will get so much mileage out of the collage set....fabulous!!

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Justine said...

Madi - love the mantra! I got a laugh out of it, but I think I might try to use it in daily life as well...

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger Justine said...

PS - thankyou for not having word verification. Its so annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home