Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I was on holiday

What I did on my holiday: I walked, swam, sat in the sun. I didn’t turn on the computer.

What I ate: A diet of tropical fruits and milk shakes was what I lived on.

Where I went: I spent my holiday by the water, surrounded by flowers, sitting under a gazebo….in my back yard. I chose to stay home but do no work because I was on holiday for a month. I practised slow-down therapy.

What I learnt:
1. That the Stardust Spaceship sent a probe back to earth containing research samples from a comet in outer space, for analysis.
2. That I love gardening. I transformed my neglected courtyard garden into a paradise of flowers, herbs and prolific pot plants.
3. That I love wilderness walks along a scenic meandering creek, bursting with birdlife.
4. I found just the write words for my thesis chapters.
5. That I loved blogging and missed my blogging buddies. I thought about you all a lot but I didn’t dare let myself get tempted to turn on the computer.
6. That people who use computers for work or research waste 25% of their daily work-time doing “other things” on the Internet. I shall limit my blogging time and do more efficient research work.

4 Comments:

At 1:37 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Madi .... yay, you're back. Welcome back. Glad your holiday was so relaxing. Hope it enabled you to re-focus, and get yourself in the mindset you need to be in for work. Holidays are great, but don't know how you held off from blogging ... I would have gone mad !!! Anyway, once again, welcome back. Take care, Meow

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Greetings Sister :)

 
At 4:25 pm, Blogger . said...

Michelle and Meow, true loyalty, thanks.

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger . said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home