Monday, October 17, 2005

Good news Bad news

Good news: I've just emailed off another chapter draft. My methodology Chapter and it's only 6,100 words, clear, brief, no repetition and no zombie-categories (out-dated terms).

Bad news: My supervisor is away working on an Aboriginal project in a remote area and won't see my work for some time. That means no feedback for a while.

Good news: I sleep well at night and my brain works well for 9 to 10 hours a day. I suppose it's the feeling of some-success-at-last that brings back an equilibrium into the mind and body.

Bad news: I have to submit another chapter draft in 10 days based on the interview coding I haven't yet finished.

Good news: I can listen to my music during line-by-line coding without distraction. Quite pleasurable. Right now I'm listening to the world's first operatic-supergroup Il Divo - nice clean-cut look in suits and ties.

Bad news: I see no-one, speak with no-one and hardly move from my computer chair.

Good news: I managed to feed the orchids in the back-yard today but I hardly manage to feed the family.

I wonder when the orchids will flower again.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Blogger Justine said...

You and 99 with your beautiful orchids! I had a cymbidium a while ago, but it died while I was away.
Wanted to let you 2 know my Dad died this mroning. We're all fine - no one falling apart - no shock and in some ways a relief.
So, if I'm offline, that's why.

You've got your work cut out for you in the next 10 days Madi - best of luck!

 
At 11:09 pm, Blogger Justine said...

Regarding the spam:
Maybe they could get the cheating spouses to visit the God Bloggers site, and they could somehow balance eachother out?!

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger . said...

Justine thanks for sharing your sad news of your Dad's passing. May God bless his soul.
Treasure the memories you have of him. You might even like to think what parts of him live on in you in the coming months.
I hope its a nice funeral.
Be kind and gentle to yourself for a while. Don't under-estimate the hidden feelings of the inner self.
Tell us more about it if you feel like it.

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Ditto, to what Madi said :)

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger Justine said...

"Don't under-estimate the hidden feelings of the inner self."

Madi - someone asked me how I was recently and I explained why I am fine. Someone rang me up soon after and was saying, "Well, knowing you Justine you'll be telling yourself you're over it and its time to stop grieving now..."

I never ceased to be amazed at how clearly other people see me, compared to how I see myself!

 
At 12:21 pm, Blogger Justine said...

Madi, O Madi -
where art thou my Madi?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home