Sunday, August 21, 2005

Most liveable city

Survey: Conducted by a Washington-based group and written up in our weekend newspaper.

World's most expensive cities: New York, London, Paris and Geneva. Indicator used: the cost of housing. Our wealthiest relatives live in London and Geneva so those results make sense to me.

World's most liveable cities: Melbourne, Seattle and Vancouver. Indicators used: lots of cafes and restaurants, close to CBD, tree cover, proximity to coast, good transport, low crime rate. I'm glad I live in one of these.

Consequences: At least I'm in a good place conducive to writing. I must say I never see the beach or CBD, but I do go for a walk to get a cuppaccino for my breaks.

3 Comments:

At 11:25 am, Blogger Michelle said...

You had to get the "Cappacino" in didn't you! LOL :(

ps..you know the history subject i was telling you about, well i just got the paper back i wrote (i thought this was the worst paper i had written in my life).....A distinction! Exams next week :(

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger . said...

Congratulations! You deserve a cuppaccino. I'll go and have one for you. :-)

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, i bet you do too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home