Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Good news bad news

The good news
I’m up to data coding. I sent some data analysis work to my supervisor. I had to send it by snail mail because it consisted of my computer generated code book, and definitions as well as a coded version of one of my interview transcripts – 19 pages long, and my interview schedule of 44 questions. I won’t do any more coding til I get some feedback from her.

The bad news
It was getting dark and I hadn’t done my bike ride.

The good news
I grabbed my helmet and took off down the road to the bush where the bike circuit starts.

Bad news
It started raining while I was riding round the bike track. I saw a young dog-walker in the distance trying to fly a great yellow and white fluoro kite just as it started to drizzle. She wasn’t having much luck. The kite must be wet and heavy. The rain made dots on my glasses and blurred my vision.

Good news
The rain made me pedal harder. I was getting a really good workout.

Bad news
The wind turned into a blizzard as I rode up across the highest ridge of the narrow track. It was like riding along the blade of sword. The sky turned black. The rain pelted me. My black and yellow fluoro top flapped in the wind and I rode like crazy.

Good news
I was on the home stretch. As I turned off the bike track into the suburban traffic I glanced back for a split moment. The kite was high up in the sky. She did it. She persevered and it paid off. Above the kite, making a huge arch over the entire park and bike circuit, against the black sky was the most perfect rainbow I have ever seen.

Good news and bad news
The rained stopped by the time I got back home. My bike was surprisingly dry.
I still have to re-write my literature review.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Woohoooo, fancy new template!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home