Saturday, June 25, 2005

Two down three to go

The good news: I just submitted another chapter, the methodology, to my supervisor and a complete, hopefully accurate, bibliography with over 200 entries. Two down and only three chapters to go. The brain work seems so easy when it used to be so hard.

The bad news: The chapters are too long,the bibliography too copious. A thesis is shorter these days. I've accumulated too much inforation over too many years. I’m writing 5 to 10 hours a day and have RSI in my right arm. It must be from using the mouse to fix my bibliography entries. My shoulders are too tight and I’ve developed a permanent sharp pain in the back of my neck. I thought I had my ergonomics right. The monitor sits on a telephone book and I removed the arms of my chair. I need to get out more.

My current status: I checked my 8 appendices to the thesis and the old disks from 9 years ago have died, as did my first computer. Now I can’t recover my much-needed files. I found hard copies so I’ll on coding my research data.

My drink: Lost track of time and dehydrated.

My food: Too much snack food. I’ve put on 2 kilos since writing these chapters. More exercise needed.

My Music: Too busy writing in silence. I live in a world of words. My instrumetns are for data collection.

My next task: Get out and walk for 1 hour a day… urgently.

4 Comments:

At 12:20 pm, Blogger Justine said...

That sounds like progress. Good for you!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger . said...

Justine thanks, I need all the encouragement I can get.

 
At 7:19 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey sister! I was sure you hadn't updated when we spoke.
Bummer, i know the feeling of the neck pain...ouch thankgod for nurophen LOL.

 
At 6:13 pm, Blogger The Dreamless Nomad said...

Hey everyone,

I re-published my blog. Thanks madi for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I hope to see your thesis finished :) it's gonna be a lot of work.. but it's worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home