Monday, June 06, 2005

Hold that thought writer

Frame of mind: Trying to hold onto a thought about the transition from assimilaton to multiculturalism; and another about replacing the 'native speaker model' of language teaching with the 'bilingual or multilingual speaker as a goal' model and relate it to past experiences of my research participants.

Distractions: Far too many in the last five days: non-stop visitors, took a sick relative to hospital, my offspring had too many unmet needs and wanted their mother back, my beloved missed me and felt his life slipping away too fast wihtout me. No time to write - so I just held onto my thoughts and I fear they will slip away if I don't write them down soon.

Concerns: The university wants to know if I can do the presentation.

Joys: My publisher came today to show me a proof of my book. It was nice to see my name on the cover.

Consequences: I once thought of applying to a Writers'Conference for Writers but the criteria stated that only those who had actually had a complete work published could apply. That's me now.

Secondary consequences: I've missed my thesis chapter deadline again.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

OMG, who is sick???

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger . said...

A ninety-year old lady. Don't worry they're nevera s sick as they make out but I did spend 5 hours at the hospital translating from French and German. she even flipped into Russian at one stage but I couldn't help there. I lost so much chapter writing time. Then I spent 2 days buying cars with J while E was away working. Missed more deadlines :-(

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

J has a car? OMG, how cool!! LOL tell him i said he can drive T everywhere now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home