Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Can't stop writing

Progress: Can’t stop writing. I’m up to 11,533 words and that exceeds my word limit for the chapter. It’s not quite ready to submit yet, not quite, but soon. Maybe I should start cutting it down.

Physical state: Alert, calm, deeply fulfilled, an open channel direct to my subconscious mind. I don’t even plan anymore. I just write by intuition.

Distractions: Music, hungry offspring crying for food, favourite TV shows, sunny weather outside - nothing distracts me. I live to write. I will not leave the computer.

Drinks: Anything, even water just to keep me hydrated.

Food: Anything they bring me. I think the family is feeling sorry for me, glued to the computer 24/7

Song playing right now: Liberace playing piano. Just goes to show what a good researcher can dig up.

Email from my supervisor: Disappointment. All this writing and no output! She thinks she’ll be in the grave before she gets anything from me.

My reaction: Crushed. If only she knew how good this chapter is.

What I need now: Redemption

2 Comments:

At 4:12 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Well done sister :)

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger . said...

Thanks but I'm not quite there yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home