Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Pardon my enthusiasm

She said: “No – I have not forgotten you.” That’s how my supervisor started her long awaited email. And I thought we weren’t connecting any more. That means she does know what I think. And then she said, “I am very pleased with your chapters”. She finished off with “don’t take your foot off the pedal.”

I said: At last. Now I’m motivated again. It was worth waiting for. I can go on with my coding.

Then I said: Should my coding categories be consistent across all my data sets?

She said: What do you mean by data sets?

I said: I love those deep and meaningful questions. I missed my supervisor’s pedantic precision that makes my brain power go where it never dared to venture. I’m back on track. Life’s good again. Keep coding that data.

My daughter said: Let’s go and see The Corpse Bride.

I said: Yes I need a break. I hate myself for liking Tim Burton films so much because on one level they are a bit whacked.

The corpse bride said: (during the piano duet) he he, pardon my enthusiasm.

He said: I love your enthusiasm.

My daughter and I said: (swooning, drooling and fainting) WE LOVE YOU JOHNNY DEPP.

I say: Google The Corpse Bride and Piano duet, listen to a sample and see how you’ll love it.

My conscience says: (not Peter Lorre, the worm) You have to see the movie to get that one – get back to coding and writing that Analysis Chapter.

5 Comments:

At 5:21 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Never could get into Tim Burton. I think he ruined James and the Giant Peach! The guy just freaks me out!

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger . said...

Michelle try The Bride Corpse. Then again maybe it takes a dysfunctional person to like another.

 
At 3:17 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL...perhaps!

 
At 4:52 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Madi, tanks so much for "A"s bday present, she loves it!! I can't believe something so big actually fitted in that box LOL. It's lovely, thanks again, will call you soon :)

 
At 1:19 pm, Blogger . said...

We love you "A". You're our champ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home