Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ways of thinking

The first way of thinking: I’m stuck. When I think mountains-of-data I am painfully overwhelmed by the job of coding 67 interviews for my data analysis.

The second way: When I think data-as-star I can see a delightful relationship developing between me and the data I collected. The data is the star in my Analysis Chapter. I have to feature the star in the form of nice quotes, good examples and little praiseworthy commentaries.

The third way: Now I know how to write the chapter and approach my coding task with comfort and ease. And I’ll enjoy doing it.

The fourth way: To make readers believe in my analysis, I need to locate the data examples in context. Every time he-said or she-said I have to say where it took place, name the little parcel of land they were on. It's just like writing a novel or a biography. I can do that with comfort and ease.

The fifth way: Remember the motto – Try a new response in a stuck situation.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 am, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey Madi, you'll get there in the end. Whatever you choose to write, and how to write it, will be the right way. Just take a deep breath, and off you go. Take care.

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger . said...

Meow thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home