Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mountains of data

What overwhelms me: Mountains-of-data to code - over 1000 lines.

What pleases me: My supervisor loved my 3 chapter drafts. The Methodology chapter is almost perfect, just a few tiny edits. As for the Lit Review she altered nothing in the first 15 pages. Great. The last bit needs some rewriting. I'm going to enjoy doing that one. And she loves the preliminary outline of my Analysis chapter.

Current status: I have redeemed myself in the Land-of-Academia.

What I did next: My daughter and I made a gingerbread house for Christmas. We laughed and hugged. She said I'm much happier these days. I wish my supervisor could see the iced gingerbread house.

What I'm looking forward to: I have two biographies to write after I finish this university dissertation and I can't wait. Both my patrons want me to start right away. I wish the next 6 months would pass faster.

My day job: Immersion in the mountain-of-data to find some good quotes. Get cracking.

Motto for the day: Use tough situations to practise soothing yourself down rather than working yourself up.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 am, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sounds like you have been busy !! Enjoy that Gingerbread House ... does it come with Hansel & Gretel ? Take care.

 
At 10:14 am, Blogger Michelle said...

We want photo's!

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger . said...

Michelle photos are coming.
Meow yes it had Hansel, Gretel and a witch. Someone suggested the third figure was in fact the German teacher.

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I don't know that the German teacher would like the comparison to a witch :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home