Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My holiday retreat

My holiday retreat: At home. I have taken the month of December off. No coding. No chapter writing.

My day job: Christmas baking with my daughter.

Creative venture: I'm reclaiming the stay-at-home mum inside me. We sewed a bag out of an old denim skirt. My daughter desiged the decorations. She's already taken it on an excursion to the zoo and to the Botanical Gardens.

Here it is:

The front of the bag. The handle is a belt. We lined it with an old pink pillow case and sewed pink shell beads around the pockets.


The back view. The striped waist band of the skirt made a nice feature. The skirt was pleated so the bag became nice and roomy. "T" picked some other favourite beads to sew onto the pleat panels.

Aha experience: It's fun being mum again.

Motto for the day: Work with your hands. It frees the mind.

13 Comments:

At 10:02 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Very creative!

 
At 9:03 am, Blogger . said...

Michelle I love your blog entries even though I can't leave comments. Very interesting. Great pics. I liked 'logged'!!!
The universe will open up to you soon ...or to your modem.

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Justine said...

That bag is art! Fantastic! You'd have to pay a lot to get one like it if you didn't make it yourself. Lucky 'T'. You should make yourself one too, Madi :-)
(and me)

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Why can't you leave comments???
My desk top is fixed....it was the modem!

 
At 9:58 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Beautiful bag, Madi. It looked and performed great, in action, also. I think I told you at the time how wonderful it was.

Glad you are enjoying your time off, and doing stuff with "T". Have a great Christmas, and continue to enjoy being a mum. It's the best job in the world.

 
At 9:20 am, Blogger . said...

Justine - give me your favourite old jeans and I'll make you a state-of-the-art bag out of them. Do I say Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukla or super zen vibes to you? All the best ofr the festive season anyway.

Michelle I can't get the comments pop up box on your blog :-(. Are you getting comments from others? I hope you get my Christmas card in time.

Meow have a lovely Christmas with your family.

 
At 9:11 am, Blogger Justine said...

Hi Madi - I'm a Merry Christmas type, but open to all good vibes
:-)

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Madi, the cookies arrived....in one piece....yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm & Thanks!

 
At 10:28 am, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy New Year family :)

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger . said...

Michelle thanks, Happy 2006 to you all

 
At 4:17 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Madi, and Happy New Year.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Take care.

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Madi, where are you-o-o-o-o-o-o ????

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Madi, come back, we miss you !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home