Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lovely data not lovely legs

The stage I’m up to in my thesis: I’ve submitted a partial draft of 'Chapter 4: Analysis' to my supervisor. I’m on the home run.
What my supervisor said: You have lovely data.
What I thought: That’s the ultimate compliment for a thesis writer. It’s better than ‘you have lovely legs’ or ‘lovely eyes’. At last I’ve won her approval again.
What I told my muse: My writing progress is slow but I know the quality is good. My existence meanders between two dreams, the life of my thesis and the life at my home with my beloveds.
What else my supervisor said: Tell the story in your Analysis Chapter through the characters. Tell a story, not a diatribe.
What I said: She’s right. That’s how I learn about life, from other people. That’s how I’ll build the themes in my latest chapter. For so long I was lost in sociology theories and academic research. I’ll let my research participants tell the story through their comments. It’s so easy. I’ll be their scribe.
What my daughter said: How do you like your new blog-look?
What I said to her: I love what you’ve done. You brightened my life. You are my inspiration. Thanks a million my darling.
What my muse said: Wait and see how your blog-buddies' retinas cope with a pink-stripey-background. Obviously teenage-power copes just fine.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Madi and "T" ... the new look is wonderful ... as you know, I don't mind the bright colours ... I think they're great ... good job "T". It'll be interesting to read other's comments !!
Sounds like you have the writing under control ... well done. What's the time frame ... when does it all need to be completed ??
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take care, Meow

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger . said...

Meow thanks for the positive comments. I still love the 'soundscape' on your blog. As for my thesis deadline, it's (I'm holding my breath and trying not to faint) July this year. I might need a tad longer to do the final touches.

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger Justine said...

Wow.
Wish I had a daughter to do things to my template! All I've got is Don and Michelle.

Glad to hear you're progressing - I am, as always, envious.

 
At 10:21 am, Blogger . said...

Meow and Justine, thanks for your feedback. "T" loved your visits to her new blog.
Justine you're in good hands with those two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home